SparTalk
EDUCATION CATALOG RIGGING CONSULTATION HOME CONTACT US

Go Back   SparTalk > SparTalk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2017, 07:54 AM

Default Where should my friend try and sell his wood boat?

I posted a few days ago but in rereading it looked too much like an ad so I deleted it. My question is, where is there a good market for a nice wood boat? Are there sailing rags like the local one here, Latitude-38, that I might recommend to him that he place an ad? Are there other places he could get the word out? This is a immaculately maintained boat that won best boat at our local wood boat show one year.

I read an article the other day called "Your kids don't want your parents stuff" and I am afraid wood boats fall into the category that nobody wants them. Hopefully this wonderful boat will find an owner that will keep it up and care for it. That is my only goal, I have no financial interest in this boat which in this post will remain anonymous.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Default Site, and boats

Hi,
First, spam has obviously entrenched itself here. We are waiting for a tech to come and install a better version, but it might be a while. So apologies for this mess, which has caused a precipitous/understandable drop in visits. And yeah, that other post did look like an ad, so thanks for the new one. I am also awaiting recommendations for a non-felonious broker, and will get back to you.
Fair leads,
Brion
Old 05-06-2017, 05:33 PM

In addition to the answers to this question over on the WoodenBoat Forum, I suggest WoodenBoat Magazine and a good local broker.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:37 AM

Default Local mag

Hi Allen,

I live in an area with many wooden boats: restoration and upkeep is a passionate hobby here in Rhode Island. He might advertise in "Points East", a local sailing rag something like Lat. 38.
Also second Ian's idea of WoodenBoat.
Ben
Old 05-17-2017, 07:10 PM

Default Options

Hi,
I've been asking around, and an excellent source gave me some recommendations in the Seattle area. Be in touch with PM if you are interested.
Fair leads,
Brion